Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Google Groups: "rec.radio.amateur.moderated" is USENET technology which was (and still is to some) popular from the days of the internet over dial-up.
This group and Rec.Radio.Swap offer digest messaging which gives users the ability to get ONE email per day, rather than every message, plus one does not have to use USENET with their primary email address, thus eliminating SPAM.
What is your favorite online ham radio information source?
Posted by Lloyd Colston at 9:30 AM
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
Last week, we talked about how to conserve water outdoors since many communities are experiencing droughts, especially on the West Coast. It is critical that everyone also be mindful of indoor water maintenance and conservation. Did you know the average household’s leaks can account for more than 10,000 gallons of water wasted every year? Droughts affect everyone from farmers to those of us just trying to take a shower. Even small efforts, like being mindful of whether or not your faucet is completely off (dripping faucets alone lose 2,700 gallons of water a year!) make a huge difference.
There are many things you can do to improve your conservation, from purchasing water-saving technologies to how you do your laundry. Test your knowledge and check out these effective conservation strategies:
· Choose energy and water-efficient appliances;
· Check all plumbing for leaks;
· Avoid letting the water run while you shave or brush your teeth;
· Only use your dishwasher when it is full and on the “light wash” setting to use less water;
· Avoid using running water to thaw frozen meats and foods; and
· Wash your clothes only when you have a full load.
By practicing these tips every day and making them part of your routine, you will save money and preserve this essential resource during drought season.
Posted by Lloyd Colston at 5:38 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline Podcast
ARRL Amateur Radio News
South Coast Amateur Radio Service
- ARRL Oklahoma on Google+
- ARRL Oklahoma on Google+
- ARRL on Facebook
- Altus Emergency Management Blog
- Amateur Radio Community
- Amateur Radio News on Wireless
- Amateur Radio on Wikipedia
- American Radio Relay League
- Bible Gateway
- Brigada ... a missionary resource
- Collection of Links from AC6V
- DX Anywhere (DX Cluster)
- DX Watch (DX Cluster)
- Flying Pigs QRP Club
- Google News
- KC5FM on Google+
- My Hamshack Page
- Need to get on my calendar?
- OffRoad Ham
- Oklahoma Area Google Alerts
- QSL Card Maker
- Save Money with Ebates
- Save money with TopCashBack
- Storm Reports from Storm Prediction Center
- Ten-Meter DXcluster Spots
- Today in History
- Tweet Monitor
- WX5EM on Google+