Monday, October 18, 2021

Time to Vote folks #ARRL #hamradio

Again, thank you for a challenging question, or three.  
 
On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 10:15 AM, George Blake - W6BDD wrote:

>
> You claim that ARES in Kansas is "Rudderless" and a position needs to be
> filled. You also elude to the position not being attempted to filled by the
> Section Manager.

Not my claim. That was a quote from a question from a member of the Kansas Section. 
 
>
> You claim that you are / were a member of ARES.
 
I have been a member of ARES and am listed still on a roster or two. As I have already mentioned, I have RACES, SHARES, and Skywarn experience in addition to the ARES experience.  


>
> Have you personally attempted to fill this position if you consider it so
> important? Or any of the other positions you have noted, if they are also
> within your capabilities? And if not, why?
>
 
This has been addressed on the blog. Please review the information there.

Yet, the short answer is No.  I did not fill the SEC post when I was section manager.

>>> Why?


Because I had an award-winning SEC at the time who did not need replacement.

Secondly, I am not elected yet. I've already stated I won't fire anyone who wants to work. I can't appoint anyone who won't apply, until after I am elected.  The Section Cabinet is readily available so one can see who is and is not SEC.

https://kc5fm.blogspot.com/2021/10/questions-for-kansas-section-manager.html
http://kc5fm.blogspot.com/2021/10/got-ballot-go-vote-arrl-hamradio.html 

Perhaps the lack of applications is why the incumbent has not appointed someone. I don't know, though.  Maybe you should ask him. 

Thanks again for the interesting questions.
 
The postman picked up my ballot.  Has he picked up yours?   VOTE.

73

--
Lloyd Colston
KC5FM
Hamshack Hotline 50052 
 

 

No comments:

Southgate News

LinkedIN

ARRL Amateur Radio News

Oklahoma Gas Prices

Find Oklahoma Gas Prices
City,State or Zip Code (eg. Oklahoma City, OK)