- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT);
- Fire Corps;
- National Neighborhood Watch Program;
- Volunteers in Police Service (VIPS)
- Medical Reserve Corps (MRC); and
- Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS).
Wednesday, May 18, 2016
May 17 – 23 is National Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Week. This observance, established in 1974 by President Gerald Ford, brings together local communities and medical personnel to promote safety and honor the dedication of those who serve as the first line of defense when an emergency strikes.
Our nation’s emergency responders do a great job keeping community members safe, but they cannot do it alone. We can all contribute to the safety and security of our communities.
There are organizations in your community that host community-planning meetings, provide preparedness information and volunteer opportunities to community members and when in need, are available to respond to a disaster.
Celebrate National EMS Week by joining one of Citizen Corps’ partner programs. These programs help build capacity for first responders through the use of volunteers and include:
Posted by KC5FM at 8:51 AM
ARRL Amateur Radio News
- Amateur Radio Community
- Amateur Radio News on Wireless
- Amateur Radio on Wikipedia
- American Radio Relay League
- ARRL on Facebook
- Bible Gateway
- Brigada ... a missionary resource
- Collection of Links from AC6V
- DX Anywhere (DX Cluster)
- DX Watch (DX Cluster)
- Flying Pigs QRP Club
- Google News
- OffRoad Ham
- Oklahoma Area Google Alerts
- Save Money with Ebates
- Save money with TopCashBack
- Spotify Song List
- Storm Reports from Storm Prediction Center
- Ten-Meter DXcluster Spots
- Today in History