Sunday, November 13, 2011

What surprises await you? What will tomorrow bring? Was it something
you were expecting?

So many years ago, I had the privilege and pleasure of traveling to
Scandinavia. It was a nice trip. It was a trip I want to do again.

During that experience, I was giving a presentation to an English
class in Sweden.

There, the habit was to lock the door after the class started. Soon
after I had started the presentation, there was a knock at the door.

Not knowing what to do, I looked at the teacher who indicated I should
do what I thought was right.

Someone's in for a surprise ... was it going to be me?

As I opened the door, there was a Swedish teenage young lady.

In my Oklahoma accent in Swedish, I asked her to come in. She did.

Again, in Swedish, what's your name? She told me.

How are you today? ... still in Swedish ... she said she was fine.

OH, I just remembered, so, in Swedish, I asked her if she spoke English. Yes
Good ... then since this is English class, we will use that language.
"Please put your books down and help me."

The teacher, at the end of class, said she bets that student would
NEVER be late for class.

The TEACHER says: "Behold, I stand at the door and knock."

Will you be surprised or will He?

No comments:

Southgate News

LinkedIN

ARRL Amateur Radio News

Oklahoma Gas Prices

Find Oklahoma Gas Prices
City,State or Zip Code (eg. Oklahoma City, OK)