- The WEA notification is designed to get your attention and notify you with a unique sound and vibration.
- Public safety officials use WEA to send you essential information whenever you are near the location of a life-threatening event.
- You do not need to register to receive WEA notifications. You will automatically receive alerts if you have WEA-capable phone and your wireless carrier participates in the program.
- To find out if your mobile device is capable of receiving WEA alerts, contact your mobile device carrier or visit CTIA The Wireless Association
- Download the WEA Fact Sheet or view Frequently Asked Questions.
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT WIRELESS EMERGENCY ALERTS (WEA)
Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) send free informational text messages to WEA-enabled cell phones within range of an imminent and dangerous local situation, severe weather event, or AMBER emergency.
Posted by Lloyd Colston at 4:31 AM
Amateur Radio Newsline Podcast
ARRL Amateur Radio News
South Coast Amateur Radio Service
- Amateur Radio Community
- Amateur Radio News on Wireless
- Amateur Radio on Wikipedia
- American Radio Relay League
- ARRL Oklahoma on Google+
- ARRL on Facebook
- Bible Gateway
- Brigada ... a missionary resource
- Collection of Links from AC6V
- DX Anywhere (DX Cluster)
- DX Watch (DX Cluster)
- Flying Pigs QRP Club
- Google News
- OffRoad Ham
- Oklahoma Area Google Alerts
- QSL Card Maker
- Save Money with Ebates
- Save money with TopCashBack
- Spotify Song List
- Storm Reports from Storm Prediction Center
- Ten-Meter DXcluster Spots
- Today in History
- Tweet Monitor
- WX5EM on Google+