Wednesday, March 19, 2014
March is Red Cross Month @RedCross #AltusOK #OKready
Did you know that March is Red Cross month? It is one month of the year to take the time to recognize our country’s everyday heroes who give their time to help people in need. The American Red Cross, in addition to supplying about 40 percent of our nation’s blood, also provides shelter, food and emotional support during emergencies and disasters. The Red Cross relies on the heroic efforts of its workers and volunteers to get the job done.
Here’s 5 ways that you can become a hero for the Red Cross:
1. Become a Red Cross volunteer. You can be a force and lend a hand in your community.
2. Give blood. Help a patient going through a hard time.
3. Take a class. Gain information and skills to help out in an emergency.
4. Make a plan. Get your family involved and develop a preparedness plan for emergencies.
5. Make a financial donation. Your generosity will help those in need.
March is a great month for you to join with other heroes and become a part of the Red Cross. More information on how you can help is available on the Red Cross website.
Thank you to the Federal Emergency Management Agency for this information.
Posted by Lloyd Colston at 11:43 AM
Amateur Radio Newsline Podcast
ARRL Amateur Radio News
South Coast Amateur Radio Service
- ARRL Oklahoma on Google+
- ARRL on Facebook
- Altus Emergency Management Blog
- Amateur Radio Community
- Amateur Radio News on Wireless
- Amateur Radio on Wikipedia
- American Radio Relay League
- Bible Gateway
- Brigada ... a missionary resource
- Collection of Links from AC6V
- DX Anywhere (DX Cluster)
- DX Watch (DX Cluster)
- Flying Pigs QRP Club
- Google News
- KC5FM on Google+
- My Hamshack Page
- Need to get on my calendar?
- OffRoad Ham
- Oklahoma Area Google Alerts
- QSL Card Maker
- Save Money with Ebates
- Save money with TopCashBack
- Spotify Song List
- Storm Reports from Storm Prediction Center
- Ten-Meter DXcluster Spots
- Today in History
- Tweet Monitor
- WX5EM on Google+