Wednesday, July 09, 2014
Google Voice - Features – Google Voice #HMRD
Recently the folks at Humanity Road were commenting on Google Voice.
Some of the features that were quickly mentioned were:
1. Transcription of voicemails. While the transcription is not perfect, it's sent by email so you can decide the urgency of the call. After all, no voicemail, no returned call.
2. One number for five phones. This means that small teams can get a call and take care of the call.
3. Saves cell phone minutes by making calls in Google Voice. Many cell phone providers have free incoming calls anyway but with the cell phone app, one can call and text, leaving your minutes and data available for other times.
4. Call recording allows the caller to give you detailed instructions that you can recall later.
5. Call blocking and "Do Not Disturb" allows one to have calls from "undesirables" to get that "number is no longer in service" while DND directs all calls to voicemail. The latter is beneficial during meeting times.
Are you using Google Voice? What other features do you like?
Posted by Lloyd Colston at 8:24 AM
Amateur Radio Newsline Podcast
ARRL Amateur Radio News
South Coast Amateur Radio Service
- Amateur Radio Community
- Amateur Radio News on Wireless
- Amateur Radio on Wikipedia
- American Radio Relay League
- ARRL Oklahoma on Google+
- ARRL on Facebook
- Bible Gateway
- Brigada ... a missionary resource
- Collection of Links from AC6V
- DX Anywhere (DX Cluster)
- DX Watch (DX Cluster)
- Flying Pigs QRP Club
- Google News
- OffRoad Ham
- Oklahoma Area Google Alerts
- QSL Card Maker
- Save Money with Ebates
- Save money with TopCashBack
- Spotify Song List
- Storm Reports from Storm Prediction Center
- Ten-Meter DXcluster Spots
- Today in History
- Tweet Monitor
- WX5EM on Google+