Wednesday, November 09, 2016
Hacksaw Ridge: A movie review #hacksawridge #teamJesus
If you consider violence and sex have no part in a #teamJesus move, Hacksaw Ridge is not for you.
The R-Rated movie shows what combatants on Okinawa faced during a three-week period in which Desmond Doss, as a conscientious objector, saved life after life on “a jagged escarpment 400 feet high” http://bit.ly/2eMEefb
While it's not for the faint of heart or the young, this movie paints an accurate, historical picture of what America and her allies faced in May, 1945.
* If the loss of life had been lower, America may have decided against using atomic weapons against Japan.
* Can a Christian serve in the military without taking up arms?
* What does war do to a person's faith?
Clearly, the movie is about one man's faith call him to "put a little" of the world back together while the World is determined to conduct a war.
What can one person of faith do? How about saving scores of troops, a number of them enemy warriors, with only the power of God to go.
Hacksaw Ridge is an amazing yet violent film. Viewer discretion advised.
Posted by Lloyd Colston at 1:33 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline Podcast
ARRL Amateur Radio News
South Coast Amateur Radio Service
- ARRL Oklahoma on Google+
- ARRL on Facebook
- Altus Emergency Management Blog
- Amateur Radio Community
- Amateur Radio News on Wireless
- Amateur Radio on Wikipedia
- American Radio Relay League
- Bible Gateway
- Brigada ... a missionary resource
- Collection of Links from AC6V
- DX Anywhere (DX Cluster)
- DX Watch (DX Cluster)
- Flying Pigs QRP Club
- Google News
- KC5FM on Google+
- My Hamshack Page
- Need to get on my calendar?
- OffRoad Ham
- Oklahoma Area Google Alerts
- QSL Card Maker
- Save Money with Ebates
- Save money with TopCashBack
- Spotify Song List
- Storm Reports from Storm Prediction Center
- Ten-Meter DXcluster Spots
- Today in History
- Tweet Monitor
- WX5EM on Google+