Wednesday, January 09, 2019
How many is too much? #hamradio #ARRL #SMEM
"Cleaning up too many redundant ham radio groups" Kenneth KD4IIW wrote on Facebook recently.
It's one thing to have a Facebook Group or Page like the Wichita Amateur Radio Club does. However, a quick check of resources on Facebook shows a bunch of buy and sell, groups for various radios, a 2m Simplex page and a 146.52 Group with even one for 144.2 SSB.
There's a Ham Radio and Ham Radio 2.0 group with approximately the same number of members.
Even on MeWe, there are two groups with similar names.
Unless the Hobby looses focus, perhaps folks could consider Kenneth's challenge before setting up a new group or page. The message will be even more lost when, using the example of AOL, there's a reflector set up and abandoned to spam.
Posted by KC5FM at 12:15 PM
ARRL Amateur Radio News
- Amateur Radio Community
- Amateur Radio News on Wireless
- Amateur Radio on Wikipedia
- American Radio Relay League
- ARRL on Facebook
- Bible Gateway
- Brigada ... a missionary resource
- Collection of Links from AC6V
- DX Anywhere (DX Cluster)
- DX Watch (DX Cluster)
- Flying Pigs QRP Club
- Google News
- OffRoad Ham
- Oklahoma Area Google Alerts
- Save Money with Ebates
- Save money with TopCashBack
- Spotify Song List
- Storm Reports from Storm Prediction Center
- Ten-Meter DXcluster Spots
- Today in History