Wednesday, September 09, 2020

Why the Oklahoma #hamradio address? #ARRL


 A number of potential voters have asked about my Oklahoma address when I'm running for division vice-director in Kansas.  

The easiest answer is "Because I can".  Newkirk is just a few miles from the house.  PO Box 73 was available when I moved.  The US Post Office is willing to take my money to let me use it.  That special box was not available here.

Of course, as a ham, you realize that 73 means best regards while 88 means Love and Kisses while folks on the Christian Amateur Radio Fellowship Net still use 75 for God Bless You.

The League has processes in place so candidates must prove they live in the Section or Division.  I always want to trust our Staff to vet candidates appropriately.

The mailing address issue appears to be a smoke screen to take eyes off issues that impact the membership.  Issues like license fee increases, being fiscally responsible with your money. increases in the cost of doing business, ex, increases in postage, phones, electricity, etc. will all be on the plate for the next division director.  That's another reason why I'm running for number two, although I prepare to step into number one, should the need arise.  

Please join the League and trust them to verify the address of anyone running for any office.  The League and the FCC know my physical address. 








2 comments:

KC5FM said...

Yes, I still live in Kansas. QRZ is as updated as it can be for the time being. >>> From @ARRL headquarters: I have received several emails from members ... In my responses I’ve let them know that you provided proof-of-residence to the ARRL Ethics & Elections Committee.

KC5FM said...

There’s really no room to stretch my legs when I put the HF radio in the PO BOX. PLEASE give it a rest. A mailing address is NOT a ham radio issue. It’s where I live, in Kansas, that was solved last month.

Southgate News

LinkedIN

ARRL Amateur Radio News

Oklahoma Gas Prices

Find Oklahoma Gas Prices
City,State or Zip Code (eg. Oklahoma City, OK)